U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that no talks or scheduled conversations were taking place with Iran, citing a naval blockade that remains in full force.
In a post on Truth Social, Trump stated that the Strait of Hormuz remains open and operational, adding that all water mines in the region had been removed or detonated. His remarks followed statements from Mohammad Baqer Qalibaf, Iran’s top negotiator, who told parliament that the Strait would stay closed until Washington met the terms of an interim agreement signed in June.
Qalibaf outlined four conditions for reopening the waterway: the U.S. must lift its blockade of Iranian ports, remove oil sanctions, release frozen Iranian assets, and halt military threats and operations across all fronts. The interim deal, reached in June, has yet to resolve the impasse, with both sides maintaining hardened positions.
The Strait of Hormuz, a critical chokepoint for global oil shipments, has been a flashpoint in recent months amid escalating tensions between Washington and Tehran. Iran’s stance on the Strait’s closure underscores its leverage in negotiations, while the U.S. continues to enforce its blockade as a deterrent against perceived Iranian aggression.



